Latest News – Updated January 13th, 2021
Macaronis Resort re-opened on December 22nd after a 4 weeks Maintenance closure, just in time for Christmas and New Years celebrations!
Our guests visiting over Christmas and New Years had an absolute blast with family and friends, scored some great waves, and enjoyed magical moments together! Most stayed for 12 nights, while some stayed with us for more than 2 weeks.
With Indonesia’s borders, unfortunately, closing again on January 01 (announced Dec 22), we’re now offering 50% Off all packages, for stays up until March 31st. Even Non-surfers and Children are 50% OFF, making our trips as cheap as they ever will be for couples and families.
– Solo Surfers (Private Room) Normally USD 285/Night, now just USD 142.50/Night Save USD 997.50/Week
– Surfer & Non-Surfer Sharing Normally USD 380/Night, now just USD 190/Night (USD 95.00/each) Save USD 1330/Week
– Non-Surfers or Kids Sharing Normally USD 280/Night, now USD 140/Night (USD 70.00/each) Save USD 980/Week
– Solo Non-Surfer (Private Room) Normally USD 185/Night, now just USD 92.50/Night Save USD 647.50/Week
Just think, if you were planning on coming alone, right now it only costs an extra USD 47.50 per night to bring a Non-surfer with you!
Each Package Includes:
- Guaranteed Private Room with Queen or Twin Beds, Private Ensuite bathroom & Private balcony
- All meals, use of recreational facilities, boat transfers for surfers, free use of WiFi, and much more…
- Does not include airport – resort transfers, surf tax, or flights
- Available for a limited time only, with Limited Spots, for Stays up until March 31st, 2021
This is the perfect opportunity to book your family on a once in a lifetime trip at a fraction of the price you would normally pay! Or why not book to take part in our annual surf coaching clinics in February, staying at half the regular price!!
Don’t miss out, Contact Us today.
Surf Coaching Clinics
Due to the recent Indonesian border closure, in place until at least January 28th, our Surf Coaching Clinics have been rescheduled to run over 4 weeks, from Friday, February 05 – Friday, March 05. We have just 4-6 surfers booked on each trip, so if anybody is interested to join us, then do get in touch by emailing [email protected]
We have set in place a back-up plan, in case our coaches Dave and Richie are unable to enter in time, due to Indonesian borders being closed. Guy Morgan will lead the coaching if the borders remain closed, who was involved in our past coaching clinics in 2018, and is currently in the Mentawais. Guy would be supported by coach Clayton, Dave and Richie, and possibly a Yogi expert lined up to assist with a Stretch and Recovery program.
Regardless, we will be remaining open to run our surf coaching clinics from February 05, and as at Jan 18th, it is looking like a great window of swell on the way for late January / early February! Bring it on…
Advice If Traveling from Overseas or within Indonesia
A negative COVID-19 PCR test will be required to enter Indonesia once the borders re-open and to stay at a Mentawai Resort. Refer to Circular Letter No. 5561/22/Disparpora (Mentawai Govt. Tourism Dept.): Indo1 / Indo2 / English
If travelling from Bali, we recommend booking an appointment with Dr Retno Safitri (Siloam Hospital) on +62 81916247778 (available on WA). PCR Testing is between 7.00 am – 9.00 am with the results ready in 3 days. The cost is Rp.900.000 (about USD 60.00).
Half the regular price for our packages and empty line-ups more than makes up for the requirement to be tested while remaining a responsible and healthy traveller and staying safe!
Also, check Garuda Indonesia Update
New E-Visas Now Available (unavailable until January 28th, subject to further notice)
Indonesia’s immigration department has released a new E-Visa system to replace the old telex visa process.
This means you no longer need to visit a consulate or embassy outside of Indonesia before entry. Instead, you can have your E-visa processed online in only 2-3 days, and travel directly to Indonesia to have your passport processed on entry.
Our current discounted rates were designed to subsidize the USD 495 visa fee for foreigners to enter Indonesia. For those living in Indonesia, it’s an absolute no brainer to visit now, while the borders are closed, to take advantage of both the 50% Off rates and the least crowded surfing conditions we’ve seen in 30 years!
For Australians, the situation remains complex with the travel ban still in place by the Australian government, yet subject to the borders re-opening, we are able to assist those intending to spend more than 3 months away to secure a travel permit to depart Australia, as well as having a visa to visit Indonesia.
Send us an email and we can let you know what is the best method for you to obtain a business or social visa to visit Indonesia and the pre-requisites for a travel permit to depart Australia, depending on your circumstances. For further information email [email protected]
We are taking every precaution to make sure our staff, guests, and the local community remains safe. Please read and follow these Tips for Health and Safety for when travelling to or from Macaronis Resort.
Certification Under New Normal Regulations:
Legislation and Supporting documentation with English translations:
- REGIONAL DECREE NO. 30 2020 / (ENGLISH TRANSLATION BELOW – VIEW USING DESKTOP)
- CIRCULAR LETTER NO.09 PCR OR RAPID SWAB TEST VALID 14 DAYS / ENGLISH TRANSLATION
- REGULATION OF THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH / ENGLISH TRANSLATION
- CIRCULAR LETTER MINISTRY OF TRADE / ENGLISH TRANSLATION
- CIRCULAR LETTER No. 5561/22/Disparpora DEPT. TOURISM MENTAWAI PAGE 1 PAGE 2 / ENGLISH
- HANDBOOK OF GUIDELINES FOR HEALTH AND SAFETY
- ENGLISH TRANSLATION REGIONAL DECREE NO. 30 2020