Latest News – Updated December 02, 2020
Macaronis Resort is Re-opening on December 18th after a brief 3 weeks Maintenance closure, just in time for Christmas and New Years celebrations! Everything will be fresh and ready to enter year 2021 in style!
Right now we’re offering our best deals ever, HALF PRICE for all guests, for stays up until March 31st.
If you’re already in Indonesia, then it’s an absolute no brainer to visit us over this Christmas, New Years’, or in the school holidays, as it’s unlikely you’ll ever get another opportunity like this again!
These crazy deals are perfect for families, as even Non-surfers and Children are 50% OFF, making it so much more affordable!
– Solo Surfers (Private Room) Normally USD 285/Night, now just USD 142.50/Night Save USD 997.50/Week
– Surfer & Non-Surfer Sharing Normally USD 380/Night, now just USD 190/Night (USD 95.00/each) Save USD 1330/Week
– Non-Surfers or Kids Sharing Normally USD 280/Night, now USD 140/Night (USD 70.00/each) Save USD 980/Week
– Solo Non-Surfer (Private Room) Normally USD 185/Night, now just USD 92.50/Night Save USD 647.50/Week
Just think, if you were planning on coming alone, right now it only costs an extra USD 47.50 per night to bring a Non-surfer with you!
Each Package Includes:
- Guaranteed Private Room with Queen or Twin Beds, Private Ensuite bathroom & Private balcony
- All meals, use of recreational facilities, boat transfers for surfers, free use of WiFi, and much more…
- Does not include airport – resort transfers, surf tax, or flights
- Available for a limited time only with Limited Spots, for Stays up until March 31st, 2021
This is the perfect opportunity to book your family on a once in a lifetime trip at a fraction of the price you would normally pay! Or why not book to take part in our annual surf coaching clinics in January or February, staying at half the regular price!!
Don’t miss out, Contact Us today.
Advice If Traveling from Overseas or within Indonesia
A negative COVID-19 PCR test is still required to enter Indonesia or to stay at a Mentawai Resort. Refer to Circular Letter No. 5561/22/Disparpora (Mentawai Govt. Tourism Dept.): Indo1 / Indo2 / English
If travelling from Bali, we recommend booking an appointment with Dr Retno Safitri (Siloam Hospital) on +62 81916247778 (available on WA). PCR Testing is between 7.00 am – 9.00 am with the results ready in 3 days. The cost is Rp.900.000 (about USD 60.00).
Half the regular price for our packages and empty line-ups more than makes up for the requirement to be tested while remaining a responsible and healthy traveler and staying safe!
New E-Visas Now Available
Indonesia’s immigration department has recently released a new E-Visa system to replace the old telex visa process.
This means you no longer need to visit a consulate or embassy outside of Indonesia before entry. Instead, you can have your E-visa processed online in only 2-3 days, and travel directly to Indonesia to have your passport processed on entry.
Our current discounted rates are designed to subsidize the current USD 495 visa fee for foreigners to enter Indonesia, and those taking advantage are being rewarded with the most uncrowded line-ups seen in the past 30 years. For those living in Indonesia, it’s an absolute no brainer to visit while the borders are closed to free visa on arrival (VOA).
It is expected that the Indonesian government will reintroduce VOA via Bali initially as vaccines become available that are expected to begin being distributed in Bali from January 2021.
For Australians, the situation remains complex with the travel ban still in place by the Australian government, yet we are able to assist those intending to spend more than 3 months away to secure a travel permit to depart Australia, as well as having a visa to visit Indonesia.
Send us an email and we can let you know what is the best method for you to obtain a business or social visa to visit Indonesia and the pre-requisites for a travel permit to depart Australia, depending on your circumstances. For further information email [email protected]
For Surfers outside of Indonesia
It only takes 2-3 days for an E-visa visa to be issued. Christmas and New Years’ at Macaronis Resort has always been a blast, so why not book in your family to join us for a trip of a lifetime this Christmas and New Years’ to surf empty South Mentawai perfection all to yourself!
If you are keen to join us over this Festive Season, School Holidays, or to take part in our Surf Coaching Clinics, Contact us today!
We are taking every precaution to make sure our staff, guests, and the local community remains safe. Please read and follow these Tips for Health and Safety for when travelling to or from Macaronis Resort.
Certification Under New Normal Regulations:
Legislation and Supporting documentation with English translations:
- REGIONAL DECREE NO. 30 2020 / (ENGLISH TRANSLATION BELOW – VIEW USING DESKTOP)
- CIRCULAR LETTER NO.09 PCR OR RAPID SWAB TEST VALID 14 DAYS / ENGLISH TRANSLATION
- REGULATION OF THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH / ENGLISH TRANSLATION
- CIRCULAR LETTER MINISTRY OF TRADE / ENGLISH TRANSLATION
- CIRCULAR LETTER No. 5561/22/Disparpora DEPT. TOURISM MENTAWAI PAGE 1 PAGE 2 / ENGLISH
- HANDBOOK OF GUIDELINES FOR HEALTH AND SAFETY
- ENGLISH TRANSLATION REGIONAL DECREE NO. 30 2020